Normally, all my posts are sewing related or show products from
. Today I have something different for you....my new favorite cookie recipe.
Don't they look good! Well they taste as good as they look. It started with a recipe by Paula Deen and I tweaked it to fit my taste bubs. Here is the recipe:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup toffee cups (approximately) (optional)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (approximately) (optional)
Place ice cream scoop size mounds on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
*Note: you can mix and match the ingredients marked "optional" or leave them off. Personally, I like to use all of them if I happen to have them in my pantry! Yummy deliciousness! This makes a LARGE amount of cookies.
Here is another picture of the cookies: